Monday, March 26, 2018

Sauce modified

Working with what I have I have redacted once again, A White Ginger Sauce for Capons.

Please see the following:
125 g fresh spinach
20 g peeled, finely grated, ginger
1Tbsp red wine
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp dry rubbed sage

At the moment I did not have fresh sage available to me. I intend to do this again when I do.

Method; I used my stab mixer to puree everything to a fine mush / liquid. I added the dry sage half of a tablespoon at a time, letting it set a few hours between each addition. The mixture has now Sat two days and tastes very good. It is however changing color to a dark green/ black instead of the vibrant green it initially was. The taste is good though.

Meant to be served " raw " this sauce is uncooked and also served cold. With capon or other fowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment